Monday, April 25, 2011

Dyeing Eggs

I have decided this year I am throwing caution to the wind and going to do anything and everything with Ethan, if it fails, that's ok we will get back up and try something else....the main thing is that I tried and made wonderful memories with Ethan in the process.

I scoured the isles at Wal-Mart looking for the perfect Easter egg dyeing kit and found one that was sports themed, which is perfect for my little boy!

He was so excited to be doing something new...I don't think he had a clue what we were doing, but he was excited anyways.

He can be a little overly dramatic about things and this picture captures that with his mouth open gasping in air as if something very suspensful just happened....ha ha!

I thought this was hilarious b/c I wanted a picture of the two of us smiling (at the camera) while holding an egg, but our camera is stupid and takes 45 years to actually snap the picture, so Ethan was back to looking at the egg by the time is snapped....

Pointing out where he wants me to put the eggs to dry.

Seriously putting stickers on the eggs

We kept trying to get one with him "gently" holding the egg, but he wouldn't do that

And a final shot of all the eggs
This was so much fun!!! It went by so quickly though, I had 16 eggs for us to dye and I think it took all of 5 minutes. Boys are quick when it comes to things like this, Ethan kept throwing the eggs in the cups and wouldn't wait on them to dry before he picked them up, so a lot of our eggs were splotchy, but that's ok, we had such a good time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Great pics and fun memories!