Friday morning we watched as Nathan finally walked the stage at his graduation for his masters! I am so proud of him and all he accomplished. He managed to work a full time job, be a full time husband/daddy and still pull off a 3.6 gpa. He's worked so hard over the last 3 years and I couldn't be happier for him!
DBU's graduation was very different from A&M. I don't remember exactly how long my graduation was, but I think somewhere in the 2.5-3 hour range. Nathan's lasted 1 hour and 10 minutes. Unfortunately it was so hot afterwards, trying to take pictures in the hot sun, wasn't my idea of great photo time, but it's all we could do.
Friday afternoon a storm blew through, I didn't really think much of it. I heard the thunder and noticed it was raining and went on about my business. Nathan was in the living room and I was on the computer and I hear him start yelling "Whoa! Oh my gosh!" over and over. I run in there thinking it must have been something stupid on tv, only to have him say that our neighbors trampoline hit our house and took out our fence with it. I look out the blinds and see straight line winds and stuff going everywhere. I wasn't sure if we were having a tornado or not b/c I couldn't hear anything, just see the destruction.
Here's one side of the backyard--this is the side that the trampoline came from. It took out about half of this side. 
This is the other side, the entire thing fell. If you look closely you will see that this neighbor also lost their other side of their fence as well.
Saturday evening we celebrated the graduation with a party for family. We also included the "fence raising" party as well. :)
Our dad's, brother and brother in law all chipped in and got the fence almost completely done Saturday night. Our dad's came over Sunday morning to finish up. I was so pleased with their work. All of the neighbors were very impressed as well. I think the neighbors thought we would piece meal the stuff together and make it work. We've known for a quite a while we would need to replace the fence, we just weren't sure how to go about doing that since we share the fence with 3 different people. This gave us the opportunity to get a head start on one of our "to do" list items and get to know the neighbors a little better as well.
Our next project will be the back fence, it's in need of repair as well, but we thought with it being so hot, we would do this big part first and then wait until the fall to do that.
1 comment:
Congrats to Nathan...I bet you are glad he's done, though. Crazy about the fence. Ryan might call Nathan for some advice...we are going to replace our fence this fall too. Ryan wants to try to do it himself. He gets 3 months paternity leave, so he'll have plenty of time.
Post a Comment