Tuesday, August 24, 2010

20 months


Ethan is 20 months old and already starting his terrible twos! Wow, we have had some major temper tantrums. I hope this stage passes quickly.....

Ethan is getting over another double ear infection, this one was a little different from his other ear infections....he slept through the night and really wasn't fussy. He ran a low grade fever and basically stopped eating. I thought he had a sore throat, but once again the doctor surprised me with the double ear infection diagnosis. At least we can treat these with antibiotics.

It amazes me how much he changes in such a short amount of time. He's starting to play by himself and doesn't want me to hold him as much...it's bittersweet b/c I know soon he won't want me to hold him, but I do enjoy my "free" time to be able to get dinner cooking or the house cleaned without having to hold him in one arm while I balance whatever else I am doing. He's learning all sorts of new words and really starting to repeat what we say. According to some of the teachers at daycare, Ethan very much knows how to talk and speaks very clearly when he does so, but this apparently only occurs on rare occasions. There's been a few times Nathan and I swore Ethan said a certain thing, but we just weren't sure. Interestingly enough, he speaks very firm, clear commands to the dog.

He is such a big helper too. If we are folding laundry he wants to help carry it from the laundry room to whatever room we are going to. He always helps put his toys away when I ask and even if he gets into something he's not really supposed to be into, he will play with it for a while and then go put if back where he got it. This one particular evening I was cooking dinner and Nathan told me to turn around and look at Ethan. He was quietly playing in the pantry placing napkins on the floor and then putting the food on top.


Nathan's parents neighbors have some donkeys and Ethan got to help feed them carrots. He had a lot of fun, but they did warn us that the donkeys might bite while trying to get the carrots. I got nervous about Ethan's little fingers so I tried to teach him to throw the carrots over the fence. He did good and was so proud of himself.





He loves to put on our shoes and sunglasses. Don't tell Nathan, but Ethan is obsessed with my shoes! ha! Especially these red ones.....




With the crazy heat we have been having we've been trying to come up with fun indoor ideas to keep Ethan occupied. We've taken him to the play area at a couple of local malls. He's not extremely fond of these places, I think there's too many kids and it's overwhelming for him, but it at least gets him out of the house.

And once again, my nephew's hand me downs have been great! We borrowed Gavin's 4 wheeler and Ethan LOVES it. I'm not so thrilled with it b/c he runs it into all the cabinets and furniture, but he's having fun, so I'll just have to get over it. I can't wait until it cools off outside so he can ride it out there.

No comments: