Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we spent with Nathan's parents and brother. We had a nice dinner and then enjoyed opening presents. Ethan and grandpa read books and he and Uncle Todd looked out the back door at all the snow. And once again, he really didn't care about unwrapping the gifts, he played with the bows a little and that was about it.

I always forget to get family pictures when I am over there, so this year I made a point to remember. We finally got Todd to hold Ethan longer than just a second.

We then braved the snow and somewhat icy roads to get back home. We knew things could be getting bad, but we thought it would be later in the evening. But when we headed out, we realized how bad things already were. We made about a usually 20 minute drive into 50 minutes. I was a nervous wreck by the time we got home. It's one thing to me or Nathan at risk, but how could we put Ethan in that situation? I felt like a horrible mother. He didn't even know that anything was wrong, he drank his juice and fell asleep.

No comments: