Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1 year pictures

We were finally able to get Ethan's 1 year pictures taken. We had an appointment several weeks ago, but he got sick and then being so close to Christmas we had several things going on, we weren't sure if we could get them done or not.
I had decided to go back to JCPenny's, but I picked a new one that opened up (it's closer to our house) instead of the Penny's I had previously gone to. It was ok, they only had 1 studio, and the other one has 2 (or 3) and apparently it was pajama day in the studio b/c all the workers were wearing their pajamas and no shoes. I am all for having fun activities at work, but they made things seem so unprofessional and very unorganized.
I had made our appointment ahead of time and found out when we got there that they only set aside 10 minutes per appointment. And they were trying to "fit in" a family in between appointments so that was even less time. That made me feel flustered and then for whatever reason Ethan was not his usual smiley self. I am not sure if he was just very unsure of this place/people but he mostly did fake/half smiles for the pictures. I know with it being the holiday season, picture places are packed, so that could have been part of the problem this time.
They knew we were there for his 1 year pics, but I had to ask for some type of prop that would symbolize his birthday. And we only got 1 shot of him with it.

I have been planning on getting Ethan's picture with Santa, but every time we tried to go the lines were insanely long and I did not have the patience for it. So, after a lot of thought and knowing I will regret it, I decide not to do it. And since we were already getting his picture made anyways, I figured we could do a quick Christmas one too. Again, half/fake smiles, but we got some cute ones. He really liked this red velvet chair..........not sure what to think of that. :)


I know I could have gotten better pictures had a gone to a more professional photographer, but money is tight and my coupons seemed oh so irresistable. So, I got what I paid for. And they aren't bad pictures, I just wish I could have been able to do more unique ones. oh well.

1 comment:

candicebishop said...

They look good! I can't believe he's one already!