One place doesn't do cribs anymore, they have special mats that each child picks up when they arrive and they sit on that mat for their daily activities. Really? Have you met Ethan, he doesn't sit in one spot for more than 2 seconds and you expect him to sit on this little 2x2 mat throughout the day and cooperate? Yeah, good luck with that! Not to mention the fact that he would go to the science lab, the music room and will have a garden to manage! Can my baby BE a baby for a while??? When did things turn into having to FORCE your child into excelling at everything? Don't get me wrong, I am all for Ethan learning, but this constant drive for our children to excel at everything and ultimately grow up faster than they need to is a bit ridiculous!
I can only assume that most of the schools are having to get bigger and better to compete with all the other schools, but wow, some of the things that are offered is a bit out there.
I may never have a "my child is an all star student" sticker on the back of my car, but I am doing what I feel is best for Ethan and teaching him at what pace I feel a BABY should be taught at.
Once again, I feel like I have FAILURE written all over me as a parent.
1 comment:
Ok, whatever, you are NOT a failure! Clearly, you want what is best for YOUR little boy (forget what "standards" are or some school's "expectations"). You know your baby better than anyone else, and you are doing what is right by him. I applaud that. There are things even the doctor tells me that I might think about but then when I think about my child, I might decide, he's not ready for that yet. I remember going on a pedi's advice in giving Haley table foods too early, and she choked. So, YOU know what's best, and you are doing what is right. You're a great mom, my friend!
Post a Comment