Tuesday, October 20, 2009

10 months old

I don't know that much has changed with Ethan from 9-10 months. He's not making it easy getting these monthly pictures with the monkey, either. It's become a fun game to hit the monkey and knock him over. So, most of the pictures the monkey is either on it's side or on the ground and Ethan is laughing. I just start snapping pictures as quickly as possible, hoping one of them will work. Of course, most of them are off center or blurry b/c I am moving. But I think I managed to get a couple good ones this month.

He is "saying" more things, the usual mama and dada along with ba and sometimes bye with a wave. And he jibber jabbers away, but I can't make out any type of actual word or even the fact that it's actually english, mostly noises.

He is getting more hair. I hadn't really noticed it until several people made little comments about it when they would see him.

He was temporarily being watched by both grandmothers, but starts back to daycare next week. I think everyone enjoyed it and it was great to know that he was getting to know each of them better. I hated the fact that he only saw them 3-4 times a month and didn't really "know" them.

He has 8 teeth and I think he is getting 1-2 more. It's hard to tell since he will not let me look in there. It sure makes him look like a little boy, instead of a baby. :(

He's wearing 12 month and sometimes 18 month clothes. It just depends on the brand, but it's so hard to buy things for him. I went through his drawers and closet the other day to pack up all of the smaller items and realized he had NOTHING left in there, except his halloween costume! I am such a bad mom. But I have a hard time spending money on clothes I know he is going to grow out of. I've been trying to pick up little shirts/outfits in different stores, so that he has more than onesies to wear. The hardest for me is shoes, I have no idea how to figure out what size he will need, but then I would rather buy the bigger ones, so he can get more use out of them, so I don't know. I think he's either in a 3 or 4??? But shoes are like clothes, certain brands he is one size and other brands he is another size.

He is slowly starting to like table foods. For whatever reason he wasn't too big on eating them. I guess it was the texture? He LOVES yogurt, he can hardly contain himself when he sees the container. He just plays with the sippy cup, mostly biting on it and throwing it. We have tried several different types, but he still prefers his juice in the bottle. He can feed himself. It's quite humorous to watch him do so, b/c he concentrates so hard on getting that little piece to his mouth.

For the most part he is getting better about fighting sleep. But we do still have times of screaming, flailing, biting and hitting when it comes time to nap. I usually don't push him too far when he gets in those moods, we just go back to playing and let him decide when he's tired. I still don't understand how we got the child who takes two 30 minute naps a day.

He doesn't really try to crawl either. He has been getting himself from a laying position to a seated position, but crawling ticks him off. He will just scream when he can't get to what he wants. He will "walk" while we hold his hands and has to be standing at almost all times. But he has discovered the game that if he stands and falls backward, we catch him and oh how fun that game is, so that is all he does. Stand...fall back...laugh, stand...fall back...laugh and repeat and repeat!

He makes me smile and laugh every day and I wouldn't trade a second with him. I love this little boy!!!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

It is kinda sad to see them transition out of the baby face and start looking more like little boys.

candicebishop said...

What a big boy! Totally understand about clothes! We wear lots of hand-me-downs and borrowed things here. I hate spending money knowing they'll either outgrow it or ruin it the second time its worn! Speaking of shoes, I have some camo Crocs and some nice black dress shoes (size 6?) maybe for next year if you're interested.