Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There ARE good times at our house

It isn't horrible at our house, all the time. Ethan is really getting better about being fussy. He has his moments but the times in between are quite nice. He smiles all the time and some of his facial expressions are priceless, especially when you cough or sneeze or make some odd noise he isn't sure about. He furrows his brow and his eyes get HUGE.

He pretty much "demands" that he sit upright at all times. The only thing we can figure, is that he thinks he is going to miss something. Must be the reason behind him not sleeping. I've tried explaining to him, that he isn't missing anything at 3 in the morning.


He is rolling over, but rarely will he do it. My mom kept him one day last week and she called me and said he was rolling over. WHAT? She said she laid him on his back and he just flipped right over and then flipped back onto his back with no problems, he even thought it was funny. Apparently he did it several times. I got home later that day and he rolled from his back to his tummy 2 times, but refused to go from tummy to back. I showed Nathan, when he got home, and Ethan only did it once, but would not roll from his tummy to his back. I tried several more times over the weekend, but he wouldn't roll at all. He just rolls onto his side then flips back on his back. WHATEVER.

Rice cereal........yeah, that has (NOT) been fun. Ethan hates it. I have tried it thin, very thick and somewhere in between and he cries the whole time. He will not swallow it, it's quite humorous really, but he holds his mouth open until it spills out. I even tried rice and apple cereal and he didn't like that either. My guess is, he's not ready for spoon feeding yet. So, I will wait a few more weeks and try again.

We are at that fun age he starts to realize toys are there and wants to touch them. I have been putting him in the jumperoo and he loves it. And he is very aware of his bottle and does really good at putting it in his mouth and holding it. That was one cute thing with the rice cereal, he would reach for the spoon, bring it to his mouth (while I was holding it) and then push it away. He seems to get the idea of what he is supposed to do, just doesn't care for the contents on the spoon.

No comments: