I am about frustrated out. I can't seem to get a handle on this whole mommy thing. From about 9 weeks to 14 weeks old Ethan was sleeping roughly 10 hours a night and going about 12 hours between that night and morning feeding. About 2 weeks into going to day care, he started waking up once during the night and now is waking up 2-3 times each night. The doctor told us not to be quick to feed him, but at what point do you not feed a screaming child? The other night he was so mad, he grabbed a fist full of my hair and yanked it out! We are trying really hard to be patient with this, but it's taking both of us getting up at least once a night (at different times) to get through. I sure thought we were progressing nicely, especially after the first 3 months from HELL, but now we seem to be going backwards! And of course it doesn't help that Ethan picked up a horrible cough/cold from day care (then gave it to me). And because he coughs so bad it's making him throw up (not spit up, actual throwing up the entire contents of the previous bottle) which makes for good times at 4 in the morning.
I feel like such a failure at all of this. I see other moms and they just seem to have everything figured out. It took me almost 4 months to venture out of the house with Ethan (by myself). We can't even plan to eat out because we don't know how Ethan is going to act. We went shopping this past Saturday morning and he screamed the entire way to the mall and home. It's been way too many times to count, that we have left the house, only to drive maybe a mile, then turn around and go home or sit down at a restaurant and have to have our food boxed up to leave because he was fussing. He hates being in the car unless it is moving at a constant speed, so every time you stop at a stop light or to turn, he cries. Even if he was sleeping, he will wake up and cry. He apparently did not get the soothing gene in his genetic make up. He wants nothing to do with a pacifier, occasionally his fist in his mouth will do, but not for long.
And people ask if we are considering having another child? Are you kidding me!!!! I love Ethan more than anything, but I sure don't want another one!
I know it seems as though I am always complaining about Ethan, but it helps me to write all of this out. I KNOW it could be so much worse, I could be sitting in a hospital with Ethan or not have him here with me at all. I KNOW that. I KNOW God has so richly blessed us with Ethan, but God can You help me out a little?
호빠왕한테서 호스트바 구인구직을 해보세요
8 years ago
3 comments:
I'm so sorry Vanessa. I'll ask some of my friends, but Mitchell was a pretty decent baby. The biggest piece of advice I got that helped me through some of the late nights is to get two mattress pads, so that when he wakes up from wetting the bed or throwing up you can rip off one layer and not have to worry about changing sheets in the middle of the night. That helped a lot because I didn't have to put him down, mess with sheets, and then by the time I was done he'd be wide awake and ready to play or cry some more.
Then eventually I learned to just let him cry, and mom's have to learn it cause it's not something we come by naturally. I remember letting Mitchell cry for at least 45 minutes one night. Seemed cruel at the time, but I was not being a good mom because I was so exhausted. Of course if he was sick, that was a different story and one time Matthew turned the monitor off on me.
can i just speak for all other moms on the planet and assure you of one thing??
we have NOTHING figured out...nothing. we are all doing the same thing you are sweet one..taking it a day at a time. and as soon as we think for 5 seconds that we DO have something figured out...yup, it changes! little stinkers :)
i wish i were there to take him for a night so you guys could get some rest!! sleep depravation is no joke dude..i can attest!
no matter what, don't ever believe YOU are failing! YOU are amazing! and the best, most perfect mommy for that little screamer! i went through so much with bristoe the first year (hopefully your stint will be MUCH shorter!)...i just knew i was doing something wrong! but the truth is that every baby is different. and bristoe just needed to scream...A LOT. his temperament was and still is so different than kylie's...it was so hard to adjust. every day i have to choose to give him the freedom to be himself (within reasonable boundaries) and release myself from the responsibility of his actions. it's not your fault that he's not sleeping, screaming, hates riding in the car or won't sit in a restaurant...i promise!
i love you hoot...and i'm so proud of you for getting it out! please call anytime...i wish i could fix it for you..but i can always listen and might have a few helpful hints i've picked up along the way :) if nothing else, know that you're not alone and there IS another mama out there who's gone through what you are! i promise it's going to get better :) praying for you...for SLEEP!
Oh, I'm feeling for you. I wish I had some great advice for you, but like you I am new to this mommy thing and taking each day at a time. All I can say is someday you'll look back and it will all be a distant memory and you won't be able to imagine your life without little Ethan (not that you don't now but you know what i mean). This may be a dumb question, but is he starting to teeth by chance, or maybe he's ready for cereal or solids if he hasn't started already. Maybe that's why he's waking up in the night.....I don't know, just trying to figure out what the deal is.....I'm praying for you! Hang in there!
Post a Comment