Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Thanksgiving, birthday and 36 weeks

Thanksgiving was uneventful, other than finding out we would be being induced in two weeks. Nathan had to work the whole week, due to the fact that he works with the Canadian stock exchange and they don't celebrate the same Thanksgiving as us (theirs was back in October). It was very different for me since I was sitting at home all week and he was working. Although, I was able to finish up the 4th book of the twilight series...yes I got sucked into that whole craziness, but I did enjoy the read. Even though the books are "of the devil" as Nathan put it. :) Whatever, I don't believe in what the book talks about and wasn't reading them for anything more than out of boredom. Besides, I had already sinned by reading all of the Harry Potter books, so why stop there. ha!

Nathan turned 31 last week too. We celebrated with an early turkey-day dinner at his parents the weekend before and then added it in to my parents Thanksgiving dinner. He isn't thrilled about being another year older, but what can you do?


Here's a picture of me at 36 weeks. I still can't believe in just a little over 1 week we may have Ethan. It all seems to have gone by so fast, even though while going through it, it didn't seem so fast.


You may also be wondering what Toby has been up to. Mostly being a brat, but he can be sweet too. We are still dealing with allergy stuff, even though he has been tested twice and gets allergy injections every month. Back in October we (and the vet) decided to keep him on steroids for an extended period of time. What we use to do is when he would have a flair up, we would go into the vet, get steroids and after a few weeks he was cleared up and happy again. But within 2 months we were back in the vet doing it all over again. This has been the cycle basically the last 2 years. It's really helped with him being on the steroids on a constant basis, but they do have their side effects. It causes Toby to "think" he is more hungry and thirsty and when you have a 100 pound dog begging for food every 3 hours it becomes extremely annoying! It also causes him to be OCD. He cannot seem to stay out of things. We have now had to close off every single room to the house (that has a door). He got to where he would go into the office and swipe off the entire contents of the desk and just start eating anything and everything he could get his mouth on! Including Nathan's homework. He won't leave stuff on the kitchen counters alone, well he won't leave anything alone. I decided to start taking him off the steroids b/c if this type of behavior continues once Ethan gets here I will go insane. There is no way I can deal with Toby and a new baby and I don't want to have to get rid of Toby, so we will try what ever we can to make things better.
As I am typing this he was sleeping and he sat up for a minute, so I decided to take his picture. He looks so sleepy.

No comments: