Thursday, May 29, 2008

Finding out

Well, since this whole thing was such a big surprise. Needless to say I was a little slow at taking the all important "test". I had decided that if by a certain day I had not started I would take the test, that would have put me about 9 days late. But the main thing was that I was not having any symptoms of being pregnant, except that I was "late". And since I didn't want to believe this, I was adamant about putting it off. But I had to know one way or the other, so I stopped off, bought one and went home. I had not mentioned a single word to Nathan at this point about any of this, I didn't want him to have to worry over anything, especially if it wasn't true.

I bought one of the digital tests b/c I always hear everyone say how faint the 2 line test is and I didn't want any questions, I needed a straight answer. It only took about 30 seconds for the dumb thing to read out PREGNANT! I started crying, and not in a happy 'yeah' way either.



Telling Nathan wasn't easy either. I knew he wasn't going to be mad or anything like that, but this is not something that was our plan. I had hoped that if and when we did ever get pregnant it would be on our terms and I could come up with a fun creative way to tell him, but I wasn't feeling so fun and creative. I barely got out two words before I started crying, I just handed him the stick and let him read it. He was so sweet and he was excited, he was just worried about me and how upset I was with the whole thing. Seeing that he was ok with it and that he wasn't worried over the fact that we aren't "ready" to be parents helped ease my mind a little.

2 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

I can imagine what you were/are going through. I remember being ready but not ready when we found out. I couldn't even get the words out either when I shared the news with Jeff. Just handed him the test and started to cry...out of happiness and the fact that I was scared to death. We're so excited for you and are praying for you!

The Flesher Family said...

Bless your heart:( That must have been hard. I know it will be great and once you see that sweet little face I am sure all of the hard work and not being ready will all pay off. The Lord must know something more about you and kids than you even know. I can only imagine being scared....but I know the Lord will carry you through it.
Lindsey