Wednesday, May 28, 2008

God's plan...

You may have heard this saying too, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him YOUR plans". Well that is just what I did and apparently He laughed so hard, He thought it would be best to give me the one thing I wasn't ready for.


That's right people............we are having a baby! We are expecting our little bundle of joy sometime around December 22. That's one big Christmas gift.

Wow, how things can change so quickly. One minute I was trying to figure out my next 5 year plan, only to include Nathan and the dog, little did I know, there would be someone new coming into this world to mix things up a bit.


Although it's been a hard truth to face, for me, I know God is in control and He will help with this. We ask for prayer as we change up our life, getting ready for the unexpected arrival. Please pray that I can have a more joyous outlook in this situation and not worry over how unready we are.

5 comments:

Jeff and Steph said...

Yea! We are so happy for you! Jeff told me a couple of weeks ago. I will definately be praying for you during this time. If you need anything, or have any questions, please let us know.

I look forward to hearing (reading) all about it!

:)Stephanie

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW!!! I'm so excited for you! What a wonderful surprise blessing!! We are thrilled for you and Nathan. Oh, so I checked out Shelley's blog, linked from your page... they must have their baby as of yesterday... how exciting for them too!
Candice

Jennifer Lill said...

Many congratulations to you both! I know it's probably a bit unexpected but take heart in the fact that the God who laughs at our plans only does so because His truly are so much better! Praying for joy and peace during this journey!

The Flesher Family said...

Yippie! How fun:) I just remember being at your wedding shower and listening to you talk about your nephew or your friends kid and how you were never going to have kids:),.....I guess we should never say never as the saying goes:) I am excited for you and I will pray that the Lord blesses your heart over the next few months. You are going to be a great mom. Now you will have a little person to take on all of your beach trips. Congrats!!

Amy said...

Okay so I know this is way later than when you actually wrote this but I just found out you are pregnant. You may already be more prepared for this baby since this was written several months ago, but I also wanted to offer you some hopefully words of encouragement. I was so not ready for three babies. I don't think anybody is ever truly ready for parenthood of one but three?!?! I literally feared everything before they were born and then once they were born, I literally cried over the changing table saying "I can't do this, I can't change their diapers, I can't change their clothes." I was so overwhelmed, I really couldn't at that moment. Granted, I had been through a lot but my point is God helped me get ready for their arrival. He helped me to have the confidence and peace in knowing I could take care of them. I don't know exactly in what aspect you don't feel ready for this whether it be the life-long commitment, the financial responsibility...whatever it is. I know you will be great parents. Congratulations!