Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Surprise!

This past Sunday, I had a surprise "party" for Nathan. He turns 30 next Sunday (Nov 25th) so I thought I would see if some friends and family wanted to meet with us for bowling and dinner.

I tried so hard to keep it a secret. I even created a new email address to contact everyone, since Nathan tends to check my emails. I had our friends Scott and Lisa "spontaneously" ask us if we wanted to go bowling with them. This was asked at church (the day of the party). Nathan who is usually a laid back-go with the flow kind of person, shocked me by saying "I have too much homework, I don't think I can go". OH NO! Now what? I have people who are making a special trip out to meet us and now the star of the show doesn't want to go. So, I spend Sunday afternoon trying to figure out how to get Nathan to go without telling him the real reason and without messing up his homework (b/c school is important). Finally he decided he couldn't really get the work done b/c he had to talk to his professor, so we were able to go! WHEW!



We arrive for bowling first. As we are walking in Nathan starts to notice people he was not expecting to be there (Jonathan and Suzette, Adam, Todd, my sister) and everyone yells "Surprise". It was fun to see the look on his face. He has never had a surprise party before and I think it made him feel special that everyone would come out and help us celebrate.

We had a good time bowling. Jonathan and Nathan tied for first and my sister got second. I did not bring my A-game that night. Oh well, it was fun!

Todd, Adam, Jonathan and Nathan


Michelle and Gavin


Lisa, Suzette and me



We then headed over and met up with our parents and Jeff and Stephanie for dinner at Cheesecake Factory. It was such a great time of fellowship and fun. I hope everyone enjoyed it, I know Nathan had a good time.



And since I am full of surprises, Nathan came home to the best surprise. His birthday gift which was a Playstation 3! He has been wanting one, but I made sure to play up how ridiculously priced those "dumb game systems" are and how I would never spend that kind of money on that! I personally want a Wii. Have you ever played one? Oh my goodness, it is pure genius, really. My favorite game is bowling (big surprise).



30 may not be as bad as he thinks.

2 comments:

Amy said...

you are probably the most awesome wifey ever! :) i LOVE the wii!! the church has one so we get to "house" it until our game room is finished, lol! bowling rocks...still trying to master tennis without my arm falling off (i've been told it's all about the wrist!)

so glad you guys had a fun day! loveyou bunches sweet friend! happy bday nate-dog :)

Anonymous said...

sweeeet!!!!!! You now own Nathan, ha!!!! Seriously. You can tell Nathan to do anything and he has to do it b/c you got him a PS3!!!!!!

Nathan, now you can buy the new HD tv and play blue ray disc on it...might as well get a 1080p!!!Happy 3-0 man!!!! Can you believe it, we are half way to 60!!!!

Jeff