Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sandy Lake Amusement Park

Suzette and I took the boys to Sandy Lake Amusement Park. It was fun, not exactly as I had pictured it, but still fun. They were very unsure when we first got there and we thought we would warm them up by riding on the train. As you can see they are not really amused by it.



We stopped for them to eat a snack and finally got a little bit of a smile. I think since there was so much going on, they couldn't really focus on one particular thing.


 Ethan just had to ride on the car ride. Since all the rides go around in a circle we were afraid they might get motion sick, but thankfully they didn't. Look at how serious Ethan is!

About 2 circles into the first ride, Jacob was done. Poor thing. They were the only 2 on the ride, so we were able to stop the ride and get him and then Ethan finished it out.

Ethan's second try at riding the cars....he chose the pink car on his own.....but about 2 circles into this ride he was done. Thank goodness the ride operators were very nice and let us stop the ride.


I finally got a smile out of him on our second train ride.
 I had thought that there would be more rides for us moms to ride with them. I think we would have had a lot more fun doing that. The boys were very unsure of us strapping them in, then walking away. And of course all the other rides were too big for them right now...maybe in a few years we will go back.

After the park we headed to McDonald's for lunch....I think they had more fun on the playground there than at the park....could have done that for free!


No comments: