Thursday, October 14, 2010

22 months old!


Each month is getting us closer to Ethan's 2nd birthday and I can't believe it!

He is such a joy and blessing to be around.

It's so interesting to me that just when I think I have him all figured out he goes and completely changes things.....from the time was born he was not a good sleeper (except at daycare). I've spent countless nights rocking him and countless nap times wrestling him to sleep only 10-15 minutes at a time. Right around 20 months old he just decided he didn't want me rocking him anymore. Nathan and I would kiss him goodnight say I love you and he would curl up in his crib and go to sleep. I was so sad, but kind of grateful too b/c of how difficult sleeping was for him (and us). Even nap times he would get his blanket, we would put him in his crib and he would go to sleep. I just knew my little baby was growing up.....except that this little phase only lasted a month. For whatever reason he reverted back to his old habits of fighting us any time sleeping was involved. I still can't figure out why he does this. He would prefer I rock him all night and all during his naps (which I do for his naps, I will rock him for 2-3 hours...just so he will sleep). Most of the time I don't mind it, but it doesn't give me much of a chance to get stuff done around the house...or keep up with this blog.

He is very much all boy. He loves trucks/trains/planes and playing ball. He's not really into puzzles, he will put one or two together, but that's about it. He does like to color, but would prefer to run around and color things he's not supposed to (my cabinets, the carpet, etc...). He LOVES being outside, he is always asking to be out there. He very much enjoys going to my parents or Nathan's parents b/c they both have a lot of land he can run free on......not to mention the tractors, 4 wheelers, boats, lawn mowers or any other mechanical thing he can ride/sit on.

He does so good repeating what we say but he still doesn't say a lot we can understand). But he's getting there and I've noticed over the last week or two how much better he's getting.

He's so sweet and such a big helper. Any time I ask him to help pick up his toys he does such a good job and makes sure everything gets put back in it's place. He is ALWAYS asking for his dada. I cannot go 2 minutes without hearing dada. If there is any type of truck within a 10 mile radius, Ethan asks for dada, if there is any thing that makes the same noise as Nathan's dual exhaust he says dada. He will walk around the house and point out Nathan's stuff and say dada, at least with this he does the same thing for my stuff and says mama!

He's growing up so fast. I love the little person he's becoming and look forward to all that he will be!

No comments: