We drove down Friday evening and Ethan did really good in the car, but once we got there, he decided it was time to party! I could not get him to go to sleep until 1:30 in the morning and then he still woke up at his usual time of 6:20 a.m. But he was in a great mood and did very little complaining.
We all headed down to Galveston Saturday morning. Originally we were going to go to the public beach, but I didn't know what we could do about chairs/umbrellas/food. Elizabeth told me about Moody Gardens and after a little research we found out they have a pool/splash pad/beach area with plenty of chairs and shade. 

It was a decent place, but Ethan wasn't really a fan of this "new" thing. It took him a while to warm up to the splash pad area, he liked hitting the water, but did NOT want it splashing in his face. I thought maybe he would prefer the pool area, since it wouldn't be dumping water on top of him. But even with me holding him, he wasn't a fan. We ended up sitting in about 4 inches of water, with Ethan in my lap, while he threw a pair of goggles in and out of the water. Seriously, we could have done that at home.....but he seemed to be enjoying himself, so whatever. We only stayed there a few hours b/c Ethan started looking pink and I was afraid he was getting a sun burn. Elizabeth, Chris and Amber were such troopers. They didn't complain once about having to plan everything around Ethan.
Saturday evening my friend Stephanie, her husband Miguel and their daughter Isa came over for dinner. Isa and Ethan had a BLAST running around together and chasing Zoey (the dog).
I was so proud of Ethan. He did great on the trip. He fussed a little but I can't expect any different from a 17 month old. He was more shy than I expected, but that's ok. All in all, we had a great time and enjoyed getting to visit with friends. Hopefully Chris and Elizabeth weren't completely turned off to having kids! ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment