This past weekend me, Ethan, Suzette and Jacob headed off to the Dallas Zoo.
We had a nice time and no one threw a fit or even fussed (and the boys were good too! ha!).
For about the first hour, Ethan would not smile or even make a sound while we were there. I kept trying to get his picture with the animals, but this is the best I could get.
He did finally give me a few smiles while we stopped to let the boys have a snack.
I had thought Ethan would like seeing the animals, but not so much. He did like playing in the water on the ground and pointing at the stick--which we could have done that at home for free!
Part of the problem was that several of the animals weren't even out (we went when it first opened) and several big exhibits were being renovated, so most of the animals weren't where they were supposed to be and then the animals that were out and about, he couldn't see b/c the stroller seat put him eye level with the top board on the fences. I knew if I took him out of the stroller too many times, he would want to stay out and it would be a fight getting him back in there. So, he got to see the birds and some (very annoying and loud) monkeys and that's about it. We did get to see a gorilla up close, but I am not sure that Ethan really knew what it was or even that it was alive.
He wasn't so sure about the gorilla statues.

Tired little fellas....they slept the whole way home
Suzette and I enjoyed being able to share the boys first zoo trip together and were glad to be doing something different. Next time I think we will just make the trek out to the Fort Worth Zoo. And maybe we will let the daddies come too :)
He wasn't so sure about the gorilla statues.
Tired little fellas....they slept the whole way home
No comments:
Post a Comment