Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter

Easter didn't go exactly as I had hoped it would. But it turned out nicely. I am quickly learning that with kids, plans have to be very flexible and more than likely will change.
On Saturday Ethan was running around like crazy (acting normal), I fed him lunch and headed off to rock him to sleep for his nap. As I was rocking him, he sat up, his eyes rolled around and he threw up (on me). I jumped up and headed to the kitchen as he proceeded to throw up 3 more times!!! We managed to get everything cleaned up and Ethan down for his nap. I called my family to cancel our plans both for Easter and for my birthday. We weren't sure if Ethan had a stomach bug or if it was just a random throwing up, but with the amount he threw up I was afraid it was a bug. We anxiously waited the rest of the day for either me or Nathan or both us to get sick, but thankfully that never happened.
Sunday morning Ethan got his Easter stuff (from us). He was mostly interested in the ball and the eggs (since they are kind of ball shaped).
I thought he would like this basketball thing, and he did. But there are little bunnies that are attached to the suction cup things and he didn't want those on there, so he would pull off the rim, and then pull the bunnies off. Boys, can't have anything girly anywhere!
Nathan and I were both wanting to go to church but didn't think taking Ethan would be a good idea and since his parents live not far from us and weren't going to their church that morning, they were sweet and kept Ethan for us while we went.
Since it seemed as though it wasn't a stomach bug, my family decided to come over Sunday afternoon for birthday cake and an Easter celebration. Ethan got more Easter stuff from my sister and from my parents.
Ethan has now reached the stage where sitting still and smiling do not go hand in hand. So, almost every picture he is either half out of someones lap or not looking at the camera or not smiling!
Michelle, Gavin and Ethan. (Scott, Michelle's husband was with us, I just for some reason never got him in any of the pictures.)

Ethan inspecting his bag of Easter goodies from Meme and Papa. (do you see the ball clutched in his right hand?) Slight obsession????
We had planned (once again, shouldn't plan!) on getting pretty little Easter pictures with the boys. This was the first picture when we got outside, they actually both sat down and both (kind of) smiled, of course neither of them were looking at the same place, but it's the best I could get. I sitll think it's precious!

Ethan was more interested in playing with his soccer ball--Big surprise there!


I pulled out the bubbles and the boys had so much fun with those. Gavin thinks it's fun to try and eat the bubbles, so he was running around with his mouth wide open, which started Ethan doing the same thing.


After the day was winding down, I realized I never got a family Easter picture of me, Nathan and Ethan. Maybe one day soon, we can all get dressed up again and pretend!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

It's so hard to get good pictures of the kids together. We had 4 at Easter and didn't manage one good one. Oh well. Looks like Ethan felt better in time to celebrate! Happy Easter.

Amy said...

We wanted to get a good pic of us together too but didn't and you know why. I was thinking the same thing about pretending by taking an Easter pic after the fact.