Saturday, March 13, 2010

15 months

I guess I officially have a toddler and not a baby anymore. :(
Ethan is at such a fun age. I LOVE everything about him! He is doing much better with his naps, what a wonderful thing it is too! He runs all over the house and never slows down. I don't know how he has so much energy.

He still barely eats, but we did figure out why he hasn't been eating very much the last couple of weeks....he has hand, foot and mouth disease!!! We noticed last weekend that a blister had formed on his tongue and at first we thought he bit his tongue, but an hour or so later, he got a fever. By the next day he was NOT fun to be around, he refused to eat or sleep and was mad at the world. We took him to the dr and she said that he had blisters all in his throat. Unfortunately it's a virus and has to run it's course, there's no magic medicine to get rid of it quickly. We were told to give him a mix of Benadryl and Maalox to coat his throat so that he could eat. Little did I know that Maalox causes severe diarrhea--so not only we were dealing with all the blisters and no eating, we were now dealing with a very upset stomach and a horrible diaper rash! I just cried when I saw how bad his bottom was. It's finally getting better, but my poor little guy has had a rough week. Needless to say we are ready for the spring and for cold/flu and any other kind of sickness season to be over! The doctor keeps telling us that at some point we will run out of stuff to get......

We are very ready for the weather to get nicer and stay that way. It's been hard finding things to do in the house, to keep Ethan occupied. I took him to the park this weekend and he had so much fun. It was the first time he was able to walk around. He LOVED it! It just filled my heart to hear him squeal and say "Whoa" every time he was jumping or sliding. I can't believe how independent he is getting.
Since he's into more stuff and we haven't been able to go outside as often, he's been going through my cabinets and has discovered the pots and pans. He's not been too crazy with them, but he sure likes the noise they make when you bang on them.


He's also discovered the act of stalling before bed time. He knows our usual routine and I have noticed that he begins to find all sorts of stuff to get into, so he doesn't have to go to bed. This one particular night Nathan was doing push ups in the office and he ran in there and climbed on his back.
I guess he thought Toby would let him ride on his back too....yeah right, that dog is too lazy. Ethan didn't care though, he was having too much fun!

1 comment:

Amy said...

We have had HFMD SEVERAL times! The doc says it is like chicken pox in that they will only get it once but I have personally experienced otherwise. Probably because their case was so mild each time. I heard it was/is really going around at church. It is no fun!