Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not much, but it sure seems like a lot

It sure seems like we never stop. I feel like January just started but we are already half way through it. But when I sit down and think of what all we have been doing, there really isn't much to report.

Ethan is so close to walking. He has taken up to 5 steps at a time, but isn't quite brave enough to keep going. He has been standing and working on his balance and picking things up off the ground and standing up again, so he's getting there. The accomplishment he shows in his smile and clapping of hands after he stands is the best thing ever!!!

2 weeks ago he got a stomach bug, thankfully no one else got it this time, but it took him a full 7 days to start eating again. He got so skinny....the most he would take was a few animal crackers and maybe a few sips of milk. It didn't help his appetite any that at the same time he was cutting two of his molars and developed ANOTHER double ear infection! Ughhh! Poor thing. This is the second double ear infection in a month! And now this week he got RSV! His case seems to be a very mild case and had I not known that every kid in his daycare class has it, I would have just thought he had a normal cold. It's looking like he's starting to clear up and seems to be doing much better all around.....we are ready to get back to normal again.

He is so sweet and always smiling. He loves to give hugs and cuddle. He loves to sit in my lap and play with his cars and loves his daddy! I love hearing him "talk" in the car as we go places, he seems to carry on quite the conversation all by himself.

We cannot get him to eat much of anything, except mac n cheese and yogurt. He was doing fairly well with chicken nuggets and corn dogs/hot dogs, but he has decided he doesn't want those anymore. He loves corn, cereal bars, animal crackers and puffs--none of which give him all the nutrients he needs. The only thing I can give him, that is good for him, is milk (chocolate milk....I created that monster!). If you have any suggestions for a very picky eater, please pass them along.

In My job news....I got a new job. I start Feb 1. I will be working in a pathology lab. The job itself doesn't seem like it will be hard, more repetitive than anything, but it's a job and they are going to be paying for me to get certified to work in a certain type of lab, which is a very marketable certification once I have it......so as far as my future is concerned this job will make a huge difference in it. I will still be working near downtown Dallas. I didn't really think I would find anything closer to home, just hoped. And it's a 6am start time......whoa, even earlier than what I do now.....not really looking forward to that, but it is, what it is.

Nathan is doing well. He has 2 classes this semester and then 1 more and he will be DONE with his MBA. I know he is very ready for all of this to be over and so are me and Ethan!

No comments: