I can't believe Ethan is 1 year old!
He has grown so quickly and time seemed to just pass us by.
I have tried hard to remember every moment I could. I have been making a digital scrap book for the past year, but it doesn't seem to really show exactly what life has been like.
I always knew life would completely change once we had a child and most of you know, that wasn't something I was ready for. I knew I would love Ethan and knew that God obviously had a plan since he was blessing us with Ethan, but I sure didn't KNOW exactly what I was in for.
The moment I saw him, my entire life changed, I no longer mattered. I have always been a very selfish person, but to my surprise, my needs were no longer of any concern. I would do anything for Ethan, I would take on all of his pain and suffering just so he wouldn't have to. I now understand what my parents were doing all of those years of raising me and my sister. They sacrificed so much, so that my sister and I could have way more than we ever needed and made sure we had what we wanted. They selflessly gave up things for them. I always wondered why they did it, why not just get yourself a new car instead of me or why not go on vacation instead of get me those diamond earrings I so desperately wanted. Or so many other things come to mind......but now I see, now I see how the love and desire of a parent for a child far outweighs anything that you could do for yourself.
As I think back over the past year that we have spent with Ethan, yes, there were very trying times in the wee hours of the night, when I had a baby who wouldn't sleep. Yes, there were times when I just wanted a nap and Ethan just wanted to play. But I wouldn't trade one single moment I have spent with him, no matter what the circumstances were. My life has forever been blessed to know and be able to raise this little boy. Thank you Jesus, for the wonderful blessing of raising a child.
Happy Birthday sweet Boy! We love you.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Baby Eth-um! We can't wait to see you again. Love, The Morales Family
Very sweet thoughts...mama's do love their boys, don't they. :)
I loved to read your words. Yes, it forever changes you. Everything that used to matter just doesn't anymore. :) Its all them.
Post a Comment