Monday, December 14, 2009

The Big Party

What a fun day we had with Ethan's first birthday party. He seemed to really enjoy himself, not to mention the insane sugar high!

I chose a plane theme, b/c I found a picture of a cake I really liked and it happened to be plane themed, so that's what I went with.
Once I had a theme, I was able to get him a birthday shirt. I found a little shop on etsy.com that had what I was looking for.


I looked long and hard for a plane theme invitation that I liked, but couldn't really find what I was looking for. I then remembered my friend Amanda had started a little side business and she does custom invitations (along with many other things). I had told her the theme I was going with and showed her a picture of the cake and this is what she came up with. I was beyond pleased with what she did! She had to "draw" the plane (on the computer)...very impressive! You can check out her info on facebook here.


I decided to do as little cooking as possible, to hopefully relieve any major stress on me, so we got BBQ from Dickeys.

I wasn't sure what Ethan would do with the cake. He does usually like to dig into food, not so much eat, but get as messy as possible and that's the fun part with the first birthday cake, so that is what he did. And he sure did seem to enjoy him some icing! He's definitely my child! He just kept shoveling it in his mouth saying "mmmm". After a while, I ended up taking it away from him, b/c I knew we would be in trouble later with all that sugar running through his veins.
He ended up sticking his icing covered finger in his ear and if you look closely you can see the hand print on his head.


He didn't care about unwrapping the gifts, I had hoped he would tear into the paper, so I had to open them--oh darn! :) He actually enjoyed the bows on the gifts more.

He got a ton of stuff, here's all of his gifts and clothes, I couldn't get a picture of him smiling, he was too busy playing.

It was so great of family and friends to come help us celebrate.


My parent's with Ethan (it's kind of fuzzy).

Nathan's dad and Ethan.

Me, Ethan and Amber.

Jonathan and Ethan's best buddy Jacob.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!