Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Not so fun labor day

Our long holiday weekend started off nicely. As I previously posted about, we visited with great grandparents. But by Sunday afternoon, Nathan and I were not feeling so hot. We thought maybe it was food poisoning since we both had eaten the exact same thing on Saturday. Since we were with Nathan's family all day Saturday he called them to see if they were sick and they said no, so that furthered our food poisoning hypothesis. I called my parents to see if they could come take care of Ethan while we were "praying to the porcelain gods" they were so kind to help out b/c there was no way I could have managed throwing up and trying to get Ethan to sleep.

By Monday morning, Nathan's mom called to say she and Nathan's dad were also sick and by Monday afternoon, my mom was getting sick! Then Gavin, my sister's little boy, got sick Monday night! UGH!!! I felt so bad that we unknowingly got everyone sick. What a mess!

So, we have had our first round of, I am sure, many stomach bugs.

Here we are (unknowingly) getting everyone sick, Sunday afternoon.


On a kind of positive note, Ethan really wasn't badly affected by the stomach bug. He threw up twice (over a 12 hour period)--If you have read my blog before, throwing up for Ethan is nothing new--and he's had a runny nose over the past week, but there was no indication to even think he was sick. We are now getting all the similar "cold" like symptoms as well, fun stuff!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I'm sorry you guys were sick...Ryan and I had a stomach bug last November and we shipped Lincoln to my parents too. I sympathize with you, big time!!! Lincoln has yet to throw up and I'm dreading that day.