Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Christmas this year was obviously very different for us. It really did not even feel like it was Christmas, just another day to feed and sleep. We did spend time with both sets of grandparents/family which was nice, plenty of people to fuss over Ethan and tell us how beautiful/perfect our little boy is.

Nathan's grandmother was able to come down for a visit from Iowa, and what wonderful timing for her to meet her new great-grandson. It meant so much to Nathan for her to be able to see him.

We visited with Nathan's family Tuesday night and Wednesday night (Christmas eve) then spent time with my family Christmas day. It was a lot of "traveling" for us (both of our parents live within 30 or so minutes of us), but it was a nice trial run for Nathan and I getting use to getting ready with a baby in the house. Wow, what use to take us maybe 45 minutes to get ready and be out of the house, now takes over 2 hours.
Here's Ethan with his Christmas presents. I told people not to worry over getting him stuff b/c he won't even know that he is getting anything and he is too young right now to even "play" with things, but grandparents and aunts/uncles like to spoil, so we came home with all of this stuff. His little Christmas outfit is big on him, but I had to get a picture of him in it b/c this will be the only time he will be able to wear it.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the Ethan in a basket picture!

The Flesher Family said...

too cute!! I love the picture you have of your little guy under the tree. What a cute idea. I am sure things are so busy...I can't even imagine. Take care and Happy New Year!