
Things are still moving along as planned. I can really tell that my stomach is starting to grow at a much faster rate. I am not sure how much I like that. It's harder to get off the couch, harder to find a comfortable spot to sleep and just plain uncomfortable in general. Ethan moves likes crazy almost constantly, which is good b/c I know that means things are going well, but not so fun when I am trying to sleep or he really bares down on my bladder.
We started the prepared childbirth classes this past week, we are doing a 2 hour, once a week class for 3 weeks, instead of the all day Saturday class. We figured we would prefer that over "wasting" the weekend. I think it's very helpful, but I went home crying. Why? It has nothing to do with Ethan, it's just the whole having a baby is SCARY. It would be nice if I could just wake up one morning and he was here. I think it all became too overwhelming for me and I decided I didn't want any part in it. But I am better now, although this next week we watch the fabulous birth video, so I may be back to crying again.
People are finally able to tell I'm pregnant, which is nice b/c I don't feel like they are looking at me saying "dang that girl is fat!" but then I get those strangers who take it upon themselves to get all in my business about the baby. Thankfully, I haven't had any random person touch my stomach yet, I don't mind with friends or family, but I have heard strangers will just walk up and touch away!
6 comments:
Yeah - I think 34 is about when I started to think... yeah, this isn't comfortable anymore. I never had a stranger touch my stomach, either... but I had a 'look' all ready to give them if they did! Good luck with the birthing video - just turn away if you need to... they'll tell you what to do at the hospital :D
You're almost there! I can't believe how fast it's flown by- I know it has for me. You'll be a fabulous mother!
Ha! I had the same feelings you did...scared to death! But in the end, I realized that it wasn't that bad. As soon as the contractions started (I was induced at the hospital) they gave me the epidural and seriously, it was heavan! No pain, what so ever! God will take care of you! :)
Oh, and I thought the same thing about showing...it was much later than I thought. But it came on so fast. I was so happy that people could tell that I was finally pregnant.
:)Stephanie
my goodness you're stunning!!!! i can't believe it's almost time for his bday!! :) i remember the crazy anticipation, anxiety...just know that the moment you meet him...the rest of the world just disappears and you won't be able to see straight you will be so in love :)
love you sweet friend!! xoxo
Yeah, it is kind of scary going into labor and knowing "this is it!", but then you look back too, down the road, and it is the pinnacle day of your life. You'll do great. I was bedrested before I got to do all my childbirth classes during my first pregnancy which had me quite nervous, but of course, everything was just fine in the end. :)
yeah, i know how you feel... the most overwhelming part for me was when they gave us the L&D tour and we were actually in one of the rooms... i kept looking at the bed, thinking... i'm about to be up there any day now, giving birth.... creepy.
oh, and i HAVE experienced the strangers touching my belly. i got it at least 3 times with Jonah, that i can remember. so far none yet this time around. its so annoying!
Post a Comment