Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Moving along

The nursery is coming along nicely. Nathan did a great job painting. The color is Mermaid Flower, yes I know it's not a very "manly" sounding color, but it's what was recommended to coordinate with the bedding. Nathan refused to tell the paint guy at Lowe's what color we needed, so I had to do it. Even the guy was a little weird about it, he didn't know how to spell mermaid. But it's all done and I LOVE IT!
We are still waiting on the furniture to come in (roughly 8 week delivery). It should be here by the end of September, hopefully sooner! We were going to order from Babies R Us, but then decided to go back to a local kid furniture store and look one more time, and found what we wanted there. I am very ready to get it in and all set up. The rocker came in really early, it's the only piece of furniture in the room right now. I need to pick out a foot stool for the rocker, I didn't want the ottoman that goes with it, b/c I felt like it was too big. But it's much higher off the ground than I realized and my feet just barely touch the floor.
The bedding is also in, it only took a few days to get. I am still working on what other decorations I want in the room, but it's been hard for me to figure out, b/c I can't visualize it until I get all of the furniture in there.
The room before....
And after...
More pictures to come, when we get the furniture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ah, it has begun!!!!!

Jeff