I hosted a dessert and ornament exchange, so I thought I would try this out.
Apparently I had my camera at an angle, kinda looks like everything is sliding down the table.
It's not a hard craft to do, but takes a lot of sour drops! Here's the basics of how to do it. Break toothpicks in half and stick the blunt end into the sour drop then stick the pointed end into the styrofoam ball. Take a candy cane and break off the bent end, stick one of the ends into the styrofoam ball and the other end into the square styrofoam. Place that in a holder of your choice. I bought small silver votive candle holders, put rock weights in the bottom and then stuffed the square styrofoam on top of that, then placed marshmellows (for snow) on top of that so you don't see the styrofoam. Surprisingly a styrofoam ball full of sour drops is very heavy! I figured out about the weights after the fact since they kept falling over and one of my candy canes snapped under the pressure. I had some sour drops left over and had one of those styrofoam cones, so I thought I would make a tree.
I also bought those shorter straight candy canes (old fashion looking ones) and glued those to candles and tied a ribbon around them.
1 comment:
glook at you my crafty friend!! love it! you make it sound so easy :)
Post a Comment