Monday, May 21, 2007

Take your keys next time

A few weeks ago, there was a really bad storm moving through town. But we had about an hour before the storm got to McKinney, so we decided we would do a quick workout, and be home before the storm got to us. While we were in the gym it started getting really bad, rain you could barely see through, wind that could knock you over and major thunder and lightning. As we turn into the neighborhood we notice all the lights out. I then realize that we won't be able to get into the garage b/c the door won't open. Then I realized that we only took our spare car key to the gym, no house key, no cell phone, NOTHING! Even though it was not Nathan's fault, I sure needed someone to blame and he was the only one with me-so there wasn't much communication going on between us. So, we sit in the drive way for an hour watching this horrific storm. Finally I decide I have had enough and I need something to drink and probably a snack-surely food will make me feel better. Luckily we brought the credit card because we needed to get gas, so we found a Sonic that was open and I got myself a hot fudge sundae! But the power is still not on at home. We drive up to Nathan's parents house, but unfortunately we hadn't given them a key. So, I call my parents to see if they can meet us halfway (between McKinney and Denton) to give us the spare key. We finally made it home a little after 10, but the power didn't come on until after midnight. Good thing we weren't still sitting in the driveway-I don't think Nathan would have survived.
Now both of our parents have spare keys and we put spare keys on all the key rings just in case. We learned our lesson and as Nathan said we would eventually look back on it and laugh, of course he said that during the hour that we were sitting in the driveway, and at that point nothing was a laughing matter for me.

No comments: