Sunday, March 25, 2007

Couples Shower

We co hosted a couples wedding shower at our home. Our first major party at our house. Technically we have had several baby showers and small dinner get togethers, but this was the first time at least 30 people would be here.
Nerves leading up to the big day. I had great help from the co hosts, but since the shower was at my house I had to do a lot of the prep work (I am not complaining) but I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly. Will the food be good? Will people like my house? Is it big enough? Does it smell like a dog lives here? (that is my biggest thing, I do not want people to know we have a dog by the smell of my home.) Will everyone have fun? Are my games stupid? etc...etc...
And finally we get to the big moment, 6:30 people are starting to show up, but noooo my food that was supposed to take 15 minutes in the oven, is taking close to 40 minutes, I am sweating, I am terrified it won't go well. And then....it did. Things just fell into place, people talked, people ate, people seemed to have a good time. And the games, I don't know if everyone enjoyed them, but I did get some laughs. And it's always good that there are prizes. It was a nice time of seeing friends we haven't seen in a while and hearing about the things going on in their lives.
If you would like to see pictures, over on the right hand column there is a link to the pictures.

No comments: