Our friends the Blacks came along so their little Jacob could join in the fun too!
Just by luck of the draw we went on Easter Sunday afternoon and it turned out to be a good thing. There was hardly anyone there and we have been having really bad weather lately and it was supposed to rain that day, but thankfully it held off. It was mostly cloudy with a nice breeze blowing.
We sat in the grass out past the outfield b/c we knew the boys would not sit in a seat and didn't want to have to disturb anyone sitting near us if we were constantly getting up.
Jonathan brought two softballs and the boys had a blast playing with those and running up and down the hill.
We had a home run ball hit almost right to us. I panicked b/c Ethan had run up to the top of the hill and I knew the ball was headed right there, but I didn't want him to come back to me b/c I didn't know exactly where the ball would end up. Nathan took off running to try and get to the ball before it got to Ethan and then the fireworks shot off at about the same time the ball hit the jumbo tran thing above our heads and Ethan FREAKED! I felt so bad for him b/c everything happened at once and he had no idea what was going on. Nathan ended up getting the ball and Ethan ran to him crying. I could not get Ethan to smile in the picture b/c he was too concerned with when/where the loud noises were going to come from.
And then I introduced him to Cotton Candy! OH YEAH! I had been eyeing it for a while and Suzette thought we could all share a bag....less calories, of course, if you're sharing. :) He was very unsure of it at first, but quickly realized it was quite good!
We were all debating on when to leave, but apparently the boys decided for us. We turn around and see them half way up the hill with the bags. ha!
Such a fun time with Ethan and our sweet friends!!! I hope our next venture is just as fun and full of memories!


No comments:
Post a Comment