Monday, December 06, 2010

North Pole Express Train

We headed out to Grapevine's North Pole Express train. Ethan LOVES trains and I figured he would like it. I tend to get this Winter Wonderland/Christmas dream picture in my head when I think of these type of things. This wasn't really a big let down, but it wasn't exactly what they tried to picture on the website either.....
Ethan wasn't impressed. Before the train ride they had a 25 minute Christmas show where they tried to involve the kids with singing and dancing and lots of fun stuff, but Ethan was NOT cooperating. I had made the mistake of telling him ahead of time that he was going to ride the train and he saw it when we first got there, so that is all he wanted to do.
It was super windy and cold so trying to take cute Christmas pictures wasn't easy.

I tried singing to him and clapping and dancing and he just looked and me and shook his head and said "no!" everytime. Sheesh.....quite an attitude! When it came time for us to load the train, we happened to be towards the end of the line and he was running out of patience. We finally get there and he still wasn't very impressed. The train conductor guy smiled and said hi and when Ethan just looked at him he said "don't smile grumpy". That pretty much summed up Ethan's attitude for the rest of the time.

Santa makes an appearance on the train as well and with Ethan's attitude I did not know what we were about to get into.
This is his reaction to Santa......ha!

They gave all of the kids an ornament as well...he wasn't thrilled with that either.


After the train ride he decided he wanted to walk and we FINALLY got a smile! (By the way, they asked that the kids come dressed in pajamas.)


This was kind of expensive and had I known Ethan wouldn't have cared one way or the other, we probably wouldn't have done it, but maybe in a couple of years when he is more cooperative of singing and dancing......

No comments: