Saturday, December 05, 2009

Not feeling so good

Poor little Ethan has been running a very high temperature for 4 days. It's apparently some type of virus, thankfully not the flu, but not anything we can treat with meds, except for motrin.
He's run a slight fever before, but never a steady 102-103 range temp. He is very groggy, but can't really sleep since he doesn't feel so good. The first night, I had to hold him in the rocker, the entire night, he refused to be laid down. I thought maybe he had a bad ear infection, but no such luck (I say that b/c it's an easy fix with antibiotics). Since then he's been sleeping in our bed (on me).

I needed to take him to the doctor but it's been freezing cold here, so I bundled him up in his new hat and mittens.........isn't he precious?


He kept them on the entire way to the doctor and never once fussed about them. I was so proud of him, of course, he was running a 102.5 temp at that point, so he probably didn't really care what was going on.

I really hope this virus moves on quickly. We are all ready to get back to our normal routine.

And we have his big FIRST BIRTHDAY party next week, we can't miss that!

No comments: