Here's his stats....
22.14 pounds (50-60%tile)
29.5 inches (50-60%tile)
19.8 inches head circumference (still over 100%tile)........not making it easy to put shirts on him!
He didn't really gain much weight or grow in height, but he's healthy, so I can't complain.
He was even more sensitive this time at the doctor than before. He cried from the moment I laid him down to have his length measured, til they were done with the shots (and boy did he cry with those shots......red face, silent type of cry) Not good! But mommy quickly gave him a sippy with juice and some puffs and he was good after that.
We are officially off of formula and done with bottles. I started him on whole milk this week and he has done great with it so far. He only prefers one type of sippy cup, I am hoping to expand his likes, but he seems to only care for this one type, so I will just buy more of it. We are basically done with baby food as well, but I do still give him oatmeal cereal each morning with a thing of baby food fruit mixed in and he LOVES the gerber yogurts, so I will keep doing those for a while. And unfortunately he's just like his momma....that boy is PICKY! He only wants macaroni and cheese and spaghetti. We can occasionally get him to eat a few bites of chicken, turkey or a corndog, but that's it. And he sure does NOT like veggies. So, I'm kind of at a loss for what to feed him and keep him nutritionally balanced.
Thank goodness 12 months marked the last monkey picture. He is not easy to capture on "film" sitting still. Let alone getting him to sit next to the monkey, look at the camera and smile! These are from my first attempt at getting a picture, so I will try again and see if we can get one where he is sitting up straight and smiling and not biting the monkey. 

He is now pointing at everything. So, I am constantly naming everything off. Light, dog, door, mommy, nose, zipper, button.......etc, etc A few of his new "words" are ball, dog, bo (Toby) boat, more, done, book and duck. He doesn't pronounce the whole word, but he can say the sound of it and says it when he sees that thing. He's also starting to mimic a lot of the sounds I make. He loves it when I scream (not mean or scary just make the noise) and he will laugh and scream back at me.
He is also really starting to like books. For a long time he never seemed to care about them, but I've noticed he will sit on the floor for a few minutes and flip through several of them.
It will be fun seeing all the new things he's going to learn/do over the next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment