Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Weekend with Meme and Papa


This past weekend (well one night really) Ethan stayed with my--Vanessa's--parents. I was a little concerned at how he would act b/c he has been very fussy lately. He is getting 3 (maybe 4) teeth in and one of them won't break through the gum, it's very swollen and red and bled just a little. So, I really don't blame him for being ticky, but goodness, that boy has an attitude. He has now started this high pitched scream when he doesn't get his way and will continue to make that noise until he is satisfied! I knew toddlers threw temper tantrums, but not babies. If I knew he would know what it meant, he would get a swat on his bottom for his attitude, but he's still too young for that.


And if I thought he wasn't napping before, he's really not napping now. A few weeks ago, he would take 4, 20 minutes naps a day, now we are lucky if he goes down for a total of 20 minutes. But he does sleep 12 hours at night. Except that he is so tired and ticked by 4:30p.m. he goes to bed then, and wakes up at 4 a.m. His daycare teacher has even started complaining about his lack of sleep...............what do you want me to do about it? I can't make him sleep????? Speaking of making him sleep, if you even attempt to get him to sleep, he screams and kicks and pulls hair. He knows that when his humidifier gets turned on or you sit in the rocking chair or hold him a certain way he is about to "have" to go to sleep and he will NOT have it. I am hoping this all has to do with him teething.



Ok, back to what this post was actually supposed to be about.


Nathan and I were wanting to paint our bedroom and knew there was no way we would get anything accomplished with Ethan in the house. So, we sent him to my parents house.
My dad has been wanting to take Ethan for a ride on the 4-wheeler, so this gave him the perfect opportunity. Ethan wasn't really feeling all that well (b/c of the teeth) so he doesn't seem very happy in this one picture. But my parents said he seemed to enjoy himself.

No comments: