Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The price of saving money

A few months back I got ticked at Babies R Us and decided I would no longer be shopping there. At the time, they were offering a "free" $15 gift card with the purchase of certain items. But what they were actually doing is taking a total of $15 off those items that you bought, then re-charging $15 for this supposed free gift card??? And how does that give me a free gift card, since I am still paying for it? OH, I went round and round with the lady at the customer service counter, I was NOT HAPPY. They basically told me I couldn't add right and technically I was getting a free gift card, but in order for the system to input it correctly they had to charge me for the card. It all boiled down to the fact that I was saving $15 on these items and then being charged $15 dollars for the gift card, therefore, I wasn't out any money and neither was the store!
I decided that day I was done with that horrible place. NEVER AGAIN will I step foot in there.

That is.........until I got coupons in the mail. I had been throwing them away and then last week decided to look at what they are screwing people over with now. And realized that I could save a few dollars on formula and actually get a better deal on diapers. DANG IT! I couldn't resist. I have been trying and trying to figure out how we can save money and this was too much for me to throw out.
After much contemplation, I put my pride away and went shopping. I had decided that if they had any more crazy promotions, I would not fall for it, but only go in there and buy the few items that cost less and what I have coupons for.

1 comment:

Rower Two said...

yay! welcome back to the evil addiction that is toys r us!!