Ethan still has his cold, going on 5 weeks now, but it does seem to be clearing up. He is also dealing with his second ear infection, but thankfully the infections haven't been bad. We also think that is why he was waking up several times a night. Although the 4 a.m. hour is still his favorite time to wake up. He is still randomly throwing up, we think it's from the congestion, but if it continues then the doctor will try and figure out what is going on. Since he went to the doctor this past Monday (for being sick) he was weighed again and is now 15lbs 9ozs. Thankfully this time he only gained 10ozs in two weeks, not 1.5 lbs! I guess the "diet" is working.
OH, and he finally ate rice cereal! I have been adding it to his night bottle and thought I would see if he would actually take it with a spoon and he did. At first he was ticked and sat there screaming, but once he calmed down enough to swallow, I guess he realized it wasn't as bad as he had thought and then any time I took the spoon out of his mouth, he would cry. The only bad thing is it looks like the rice cereal is making his eczema worse, so I am trying to figure out the next food to feed him in place of that.
Now that he is more aware of his surroundings, I have to keep him as occupied as possible. He gets bored quickly, so we are constantly switching toys around. But he does like to look at his books. I needed to sit him down for a minute, so I sat him in his crib and popped the book in front of him and came back and found this.....
2 comments:
Im glad I saw this- I never thought of sitting Logan up with the boppy around him. great idea!! And Happy 5 Months to Ethan :-)
What a sweet little boy. He is getting SO big! I can't believe he's already 5 months old! And sitting up in his boppy in that photo - he really is looking like a big boy.
Post a Comment