Thursday, March 05, 2009

12 weeks old


We have made it to the 12 week mark, not that I thought we wouldn't, but it's been a rough ride getting here. It's looking like the colic is gone, I can't really tell that he is fussing b/c of it anymore, but he is still one fussy baby! As we often call him our "high maintenance" baby. He is pretty much sleeping through the night, going about 8-10 hours between those two feedings. Which has been a nice change for me and I am finally getting back on a little more normal sleep schedule. But he still HAS to be held (standing up bouncing) the rest of the time which is exhausting. I did manage to get out 2 days this week and go for a walk. I tucked Ethan into the sling and put the leash on the dog and off we went. It turned out to be very good for me to get out in the fresh air, so I am hoping to do that more next week.

I am now getting everything together for Ethan to start daycare. I have to get all of his stuff labeled and can't seem to make up my mind on how to go about doing that. I have found extra "sturdy" labels and have also looked into the labeled band that goes around the bottles/cups. But am not sure if I want to spend the extra money on that type of stuff or just go with regular labels and replace those more often. It's annoying that everything has to be labeled, although it would be even more annoying for them to lose all of our stuff. If you have any suggestions on labeling every single item of clothing/blankets/bottles, etc....pass it on.

I go back to work on March 16th, I am looking forward to it, but still sad I won't be able to spend all day with Ethan. I just hope I am not an emotional wreck, that would be embarrassing to be crying at work all day.

As for what's going on with the rest of our life. Nathan got a promotion back in January and is taking one class this semester. Toby is still Toby and could pretty much care less that Ethan is in the house.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

A friend bought Lincoln some of the stretch band labels from www.inchbug.com. We love them. They stay on his cups and we even leave them on his cup when we toss them in the dishwasher. They are a bit pricey, but really sturdy and long-lasting. And, hooray for sleeping through the night. Lincoln was still waking up around 6 months for a night feeding. Count your blessings!

Sarah said...

Yea for the 8-10 hrs! And I'm glad to hear you've gotten out for a walk or two with the sling. I didn't use my sling much, but LOVE my front ergo carrier thingie... I use it every day!

Riley and Rebekah said...

Vanessa he looks so happy! What a cute little boy! I'm glad you are finally getting more sleep....an answer to prayer! Love you!