
Time is flying by. Ethan is now 8 weeks old. He is doing a little better with the colic and reflux. The prevacid seems to be helping the reflux, but he still has "flare ups" with the colic. I took everyone's advice (thank you so much!) and read the baby wise book, which really helped. I now have us on a feed every 3 hour schedule and he seems to do well with that. He is going maybe 4-6 hours at night between 1 feeding. Which is nice, but it still takes him about 1-2 hours to actually go to sleep so I maybe get 3-4 hours sleep. He has about 30 minutes of happy time after each feeding and then the fussing begins. It takes swinging/rocking/bouncing/walking to get him to settle and then once I try to lay him down he is awake crying, again. Yes, I have tried laying him down and letting him cry it out and every time I have done that he has cried for 2 hours straight. I guess he doesn't know how to soothe himself yet. I went and bought a sling and I have been putting him in there while I do things around the house, so he can sleep a little.
But even with the lack of sleep and fussing he is still absolutely wonderful!
We go to the doctor next week, so I don't have his 2 month stats yet. But I can tell he has really grown, so I am anxious to see what he weighs.
4 comments:
He's a doll! Glad things are improving a little bit. I read Baby Wise too, but really liked Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child so much better. If you need another resource, check that one out. The author is Weisbluth. I never could do the "cry it out". Especially that young. I understand what you were saying. We are looking forward to meeting Ethan...maybe at Suzette's shower?
what a STUD!!! so so adorable! :)
Babywise is basically what they do with babies at the NICU, so Rachel started on that schedule the day she was born. She slept like a champ from the beginning and 12hours straight by 8 weeks. Then, we read the Babywise book and were glad to have a name for the medical routine she was on at the hospital. We have been using it with Logan. Logan sounds similar to Ethan. He is on the every 3 hours (which is nice to always know when he will eat next) and at night he has been sleeping 5-6 hours on either side of that middle of the night feeding! Cant wait until we can drop that middle of the night meal :-) We need to get our boys together, soon!!
Hey Vanessa! He is soooo cute and looks so very happy! I can tell that you are a great mom even with just 3 or 4 hours of sleep!
Post a Comment