So far, he is doing ok with Ethan. We boarded Toby while we were in the hospital and had been home from the hospital for a day, before bringing Toby back home. The first "meeting" was surprisingly very good. Toby didn't even realize Ethan was here until about 5 hours later when Ethan made a noise. But even then he just kind of looked at him. Of course as time went on Toby was more and more aware of Ethan's presence and was not so sure of all of the noises that were coming out of him. Anytime Ethan would cry, Toby would cry and pace back and forth. And when Ethan really cries, Toby runs around the house barking.
The first night Toby was home, he would get up everytime I got up, to feed Ethan, but after that, he hardly raises an eye to see that I am up. I guess he decided sleeping was much more interesting. He still tries to smell of Ethan every chance he gets, but for the most part he ignores him.
So, I guess all in all, Toby is handling the new arrival well. He still has his moments of acting out, but it hasn't been as bad as I had thought it could be.
Toby getting to smell Ethan.
And afterwards.....he's not so sure..............
1 comment:
it is amazing to see how dogs will change when a baby comes home
Jeff
Post a Comment