Sunday, September 28, 2008

Art Project

Decorating the nursery has been a real task for me. I found the bedding with no problems, but coming up with the wall decor has not been easy.
I knew I wanted to do something with Ethan's name, but didn't know if I wanted to do wooden letters or some other sort other art work that involved the letters. So, after searching far and wide, I finally found some wood letters I really liked. They came from a website called Craft Cuts (http://www.craftcuts.com/) you can choose from all sorts of things. I decided on the unfinished letters b/c I wanted to paint them to coordinate with the room.

I painted the background creme and then did polka dots using the mermaid flower wall color and a chocolate brown. Little did I realize this would be such a big deal. I am not an artist in any way, so I didn't know that certain paint types don't stick to other paint types (acrylic does not stick on top of latex). Also, I had to make several trips to the craft store in order to get the right paint brushes, I needed a tiny straight pointed brush to get the best edge on the circle. But then needed a little bit fatter one to paint inside the circle. Upon conclusion that the circles edges would not be perfect, I have settled on my final result. I have never been a patient person, and being pregnant doesn't help that, so what I have now, is my final result!
With just the creme background

The finished product.

I don't think I have any other art projects that I will do for the time being. Well, I am actually doing a scrap book for the pregnancy/showers, etc. and I am not good at getting all of that together. I have in my mind what I want it to look like, but I can never get it to look that way on paper. Too bad, I can't do one of my online scrap books for it.

2 comments:

The Flesher Family said...

very cute! They look perfect to me:)

candicebishop said...

Those are so cute!