Monday, October 29, 2007

Beware of Tires!

Friday afternoon I was driving home from work and had a small mishap.

A car in front of me was driving a little crazy, swerving in and out of lanes and around cars. I guess he/she wasn't paying attention to what was in the road b/c they jerked their car over to the left and in the process they clipped a tire (from a diesel truck) that was laying in the road, up in the air along with all the small scraps of rubber. The small pieces hit my windshield and the big piece hit the front passenger side and I ran over it. Thankfully my windshield didn't break and the most damage I was concerned with was a flat tire. But once I got home I realized, the tire was fine, the bumper was not. Apparently when a tire hits a car at 70mph it tends to loosen the bumper and chip off most of the paint. It could have been a lot worse and the damage isn't bad, but it makes me mad b/c I could have avoided it had speedy-speederton been paying attention.


We are taking it to have an estimate today to see if it's worth filing the claim on insurance.
On the plus side, a month or so ago we went down to Houston to visit friends and heard a thumping noise, when inspecting the noise a little further Nathan realized that the front drivers side bumper part had come lose and it was flapping in the wind. At this point my car became a white trash car in which Nathan taped electrical tape (the only thing available to buy at the convenient store) to the bumper and the piece flapping. I was very embarrassed! Apparently when my car was fixed from the wreck I was in (see June post) the screw that held that piece in place was either lose or was never put in. So, since the bumper will have to be replaced/fixed they will be able to screw that side in properly.


Between things wrong with my car and the dog, we are going to go broke!

No comments: